The NPORS Rough Terrain Forklift Truck course is designed for any personnel required to operate a Rough Terrain Forklift. The course provides delegates with the necessary skills to operate the relevant machinery safely and competently.
The length of the course is subject to the experience of the delegate.
Where can this course be completed?
This course is available for completion either at your site, or at one of our centres across the UK.
Do I need any experience driving Rough Terrain Forklift Trucks?
This course is suitable for both those with limited or no experience, and experienced delegates alike.
In order to participate on this course, delegates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test within the last two years. Delegates must also bring and use appropriate PPE.
- Safe and competent operation of the Rough Terrain Forklift Truck
- Understanding whether a load is safe to lift
- Conducting routine servicing and maintenance procedures as per the manufacturer’s guidelines
- Configuring and driving the machine on public highways as per the requirements set out by the Road Traffic Act
- The purpose, capabilities, and limitations of the machine and the relevant safety precautions required for its operation
- Understanding the effect of load, size, weight, gradients, and terrain upon machine stability
- Understanding the basic construction of pallets
- Permitted loading of scaffolds
- Loading, storage, and transportation of representative materials